Anaconda WHITSUNDAY TRAIL FEST
September 11&12 2021
The Anaconda Whitsunday Trail Fest 2021, will be in it’s 16th year from it original concept by the Mackay Road Runners in 2005, when they had introduced the 28km trail event. The event is now brought to you by the Whitsunday running club, who has been organising this event for the last 8 years. Over those years, the event has grown from the original 28kms. To now include the Ultra 58km, HoneyEater Challenge and introducing two new events this year, Beat the creek, with runners, running into Airlie Creek Trail and the Kids Beach run, with runners running along Airle Beach foreshore.
The event is planned to be held over the weekend of 11th and 12th September.
It is a beautiful time of the year to be running the trail in the Whitsundays. While visiting The Whitsundays, it would be a great opportunity for you to extend your stay and holiday in paradise and explore all that The Whitsundays and the Great Barrier Reef has to offer. The course runs through the beautiful Conway Circuit, which is part of the Conway National Park ranges.
Registration for the event are now open.
Saturday - Race Precinct (Airlie Beach Saturday markets)
- 7:00am Airlie Beach Parkrun – Coral Sea Marina South Marina
- 2:00pm Whitsunday Trail Fest Registration/Late entries/Race Pack collection
- 2:30pm Race Briefing
- 3:00pm START – Honey Eater 10.5 (ages 15 plus)
- 4:00pm START – Beat the Creek (ages 10 plus)
- 5:00pm START – Kids Beach Run (ages 6 plus)
- 5:30pm Presentations
- 6:00pm END of all Races
Sunday - Race Precinct (Airlie Beach Saturday markets)
- 5:00am Competitors for WTF28 and WTF58 (ages 18 plus) to meet at the race precinct.
- 5:00am Race Briefing for WTF58 (ages 18 plus)
- 5:30am START – WTF58 Competitors
- 5:30am WTF28 bus leaves from Race Precinct to Brandy Creek
- 6:00am WTF28 race briefing at Brandy Creek (ages 18 plus)
- 6:30am START – WTF28 from Brandy Creek
- 12:30pm Presentations Starts
- 3:00pm END of all races
What can you expect from your entry fee
Your RACE BAG for the WTF58, WTF28, Honey Eater 10.5 and Beat The Creek events will include the following:
- Great event shirt
- Finishers Medal on completion
- Numbered Bib and pins
- The first 74 people to have register for WTF28, will be allocated a island island name which will be printed on their bib.
HOWEVER, PLEASE NOTE: the included Free shirt is only guaranteed for those who enter by 30th June 2021. AFTER 30th June 2021, SINGLETS ARE NOT GUARANTEED, So enter early and avoid disappointment.
18 yrs & over
18 yrs & over
Honey Eater 10.5
15 yrs & over
Beat the Creek
7 yrs & over
Kids Beach Run
4 yrs & over
*Late fee applies from 30th August